WIPO & US Patent
Worm Raisers Learn For Free
FUN WORM FACTS
- They have an amazing digestive system. One pound of worms can process up to 1/2 lb of food waste a day—almost 4 lbs each week.
- Worms create organic soil; some call it the "perfect" soil since it is very high in nitrogen –no need for chemical fertilizers.
- Over 23% of our solid waste could be composted, reducing landfill needs.
- They reproduce by laying eggs. One egg contains up to 10 worms.
- Worms love a variety of food. They get bored eating the same thing- like us!
- They breathe through their skin and drown when it rains a lot.
- They don’t have eyes.
- Worms are both male and female.
- They have 5 hearts (aortic arches).